Saturday, October 25, 2008

The courage to move on... 2008

Today I attended the 2nd last 'power of inspiration' breakfast for the year, the theme was "The courage to move on... " and focused on those who have lost and / going through a tough time.

There were many inspirational messages to take home. The 1st Speaker was a lady that gave birth to a still born little girl, which I could easily relate to and brought back memories of Chad & Morgan. She shared the following poem with us:

I Did Not Die
Mary E Faye

Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
I am not there. I did not die.
Other points to ponder... There is life after loss, you can decide whether you will let grief perish you or whether you will grow and blossom from it. At difficult times, you need to take one day at a time. You need to keep busy, maybe take up a new hobby. God gave you tears to cleanse your soul. Sometimes, you need a friend to help you, and although you don't feel like going to tea, just do it - it will help you heal.
There was a lot more in the talks... I'll try and remember more and post later as I'm being rushed as we're on our way to The Mullers for some inspirational rugby, wine and good old fashioned braai:-)

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

This is a beautiful, inspiring post. Well done. elaine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home